Life is Colourful

Latest News in our day to day in Indian life


Monday, July 23, 2007

Mind Blowing Facts about Animals

I and my colleague were passing some time chatting in the evening.. well, we do like each other's company and we share same cubicle in office.

We do have enough topics to talk on - from stock markets to any thing and we don't get bored anytime. I observed one very good thing about him - he strives to be the best father [and I don't - hehe coz I don't have a kid yet]. And I love his attitude. When I say "best father" - I have seen him always talking to his son in a very sweet way, teaching him something good over phone or the other new thing... When I ask him what he would do over the weekend - I almost know his answer all time - gonna spend time with son. Wow - nice father.. Hemn!

I am funny - I am talking about my colleague and see the post title - Hey, hold on! I am not talking about mind blowing facts about him... Haha!

Actually what happened, today he told me that he mistakenly given wrong information to his 3-4 yrs old son [3 or 4 - I forgot] when he took him to the zoo over the weekend. His son wanted to see the tortoise closely, and he said "Don't go close, tortoise will bite you with his teeth". What's wrong here? Tortoise does not bite with teeth because he does not have any. Did you know this? I did not know atleast. Tortoises have no teeth and then we both kept on reading the mail he received, "Mind Blowing Facts".

There were some more about tortoises / tutrtles - [Well even if we feel tortoises and turtles are one and the same, there is a little difference]
  • Prehistoric turtles may have weighed as much as 5,000 pounds.

  • Only one out of a thousand baby sea turtles survives after hatching

  • Sea turtles absorb a lot of salt from the sea water in which they live. They excrete excess salt from their eyes, so it often looks as though they're crying.

And do you know these few more interesting facts -

  • Pigs are the fourth most intelligent animal in the world - WOW, so cool

  • Dolphins can swim 37 miles per hour (60 kilometers per hour) - Speedboats Hmm!

  • An ostrich can run 43 miles per hour (70 kilometers per hour) - Too goood...

  • A crocodile's tongue is attached to the roof of its mouth? It cannot move. It cannot chew but its Digestive juices are so strong that it can digest a steel nail, Glass pieces, etc - That sucks.... really!

  • Sharks are immune to disease i.e they do not suffer from any Disease. - What the hell, what would happen to veterinary doctors!
And finally we concluded that this is the most interesting fact


Human being is the only animal who'll eat with an enemy

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

  • At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi! Just wanted to say thanks for the comment on my site (on the Harry Potter post). I wanted to let you know that I did see it, event hough it got flagged as spam (which is why it never showed up on the site). But I fixed it now!

    And at lest your wife got you to see one of the movies! I can't get my guy to try any of it! :D

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger kegler747 said…

    Very informative... and the last is 100% true without a doubt :) i know the rest of them are also true :)

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger Admin said…

    @ Kegler: Yes, there are some more facts I would publish in next few posts. The last one is true.. hehe.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    @ starchild: That's what. I was wondering, why I could not just appear on your site. I wanted to show my wife, what I wrote about Harry Potter movie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
ss_blog_claim=7841434a299aa89b5802eb46d39fbd77